vms

Default ALL CAPS to regular text?

Can you make ALL CAPS text change to lower case automatically, without
re-typing?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

Paul B

VMS, you can put something like =LOWER(A1) in another column and copy down,
then paste back over your data or use a macro like this

Sub Make_Lower_Case()
'select range and run this to change to all lower case
Dim cel As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each cel In Intersect(Selection, _
ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
cel.Formula = LCase$(cel.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"vms" wrote in message
Can you make ALL CAPS text change to lower case automatically, without
re-typing?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

Paul B

vms, to use the lower function you would reference the cell with the text
you want to change so if the text is in column A you would put =LOWER(A1) in
a empty column and copy it down to the last row that you want to change, to
copy it down click your mouse on the little black box in the bottom right
hand corner of the cell and drag it down, you will then have the data
changed to lower case, highlight the lower case data, right click and copy
then select A1, in this example and right click and paste special, valves,
now your data should be lower case, delete the data with the lower formula
in it, if you need more help post back with how you date is in the sheet and
what you want to change
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"vms" wrote in message
Can you make ALL CAPS text change to lower case automatically, without
re-typing?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

SarahKay

WOW! thanks! i never knew you could change the text from lower to upper
with just a code. I have to move data that is sent to me onto another
database and most of the time it is sent to me with lower case (when it
should be upper) and vice versa.
now i dont have to keep pestering them! Thanks!

--
SarahKay
SarahKay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24330

myplaygroundismyoffice

Wowsers, there's a lot of great tips in here.... just wanted to say
thanks for this one, like the previous poster I had no clue that I
could do that. I just looked it up and you can change to upper, lower,
or proper (title case) with a few simple formulas. I couldn't find one
that would convert to Sentence case though. But that's usually not
desired in Excel anyway, so I don't care. Thanks yall!!!!!! This is
actually kinda fun... :)
-VB

--
myplaygroundismyoffice