John O. Knoke

Default Conditional Formatting

I need help with the following conditional formatting parameter:

In column N I have the numbers of the months and in column M I have a series of numbers. In column N, I want to conditional format the row of column N which contains the highest number of column M.

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

In this case the highest number is 9956 so I need conditional format 4 in column N.

Thanks for any help.
Max

Assume the table below is in M1:N7, data in M2:N7
(column descriptions in the post are bewildering <g, N before M ?)

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

Select M2:N7
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =MAX($N$2:$N$7)=N2
Format to taste OK out

--
Rgds
Max
"John O. Knoke" wrote in message ...

I need help with the following conditional formatting parameter:

In column N I have the numbers of the months and in column M I have a series of numbers. In column N, I want to conditional format the row of column N which contains the highest number of column M.

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

In this case the highest number is 9956 so I need conditional format 4 in column N.

Thanks for any help.

Max

I need to format only column M ...

Select col M*
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =MAX(M:M)=M1
Format to taste OK out

*the col with the numbers: 8300, 6450 ... etc

--
Rgds
Max