-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27221-conditional-formatting.html)

John O. Knoke

Conditional Formatting

I need help with the following conditional formatting parameter:

In column N I have the numbers of the months and in column M I have a series of numbers. In column N, I want to conditional format the row of column N which contains the highest number of column M.

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

In this case the highest number is 9956 so I need conditional format 4 in column N.

Thanks for any help.

Don Guillett

formatconditionalformatformula is
=a1=max(a:a)
format as desired

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"John O. Knoke" wrote in message ...

I need help with the following conditional formatting parameter:

In column N I have the numbers of the months and in column M I have a series of numbers. In column N, I want to conditional format the row of column N which contains the highest number of column M.

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

In this case the highest number is 9956 so I need conditional format 4 in column N.

Thanks for any help.

Max

Assume the table below is in M1:N7, data in M2:N7
(column descriptions in the post are bewildering <g, N before M ?)

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

Select M2:N7
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =MAX($N$2:$N$7)=N2
Format to taste OK out

--
Rgds
Max
"John O. Knoke" wrote in message ...

I need help with the following conditional formatting parameter:

In column N I have the numbers of the months and in column M I have a series of numbers. In column N, I want to conditional format the row of column N which contains the highest number of column M.

N M
1 8300
2 6450
3 7689
4 9956
5 8123
6 7719

In this case the highest number is 9956 so I need conditional format 4 in column N.

Thanks for any help.

John Knoke

thank you guys, sorry about the column confusion. your example works fine for
column N, I need to format only column M

"Max" wrote:

[...]

Select col M*
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =MAX(M:M)=M1
Format to taste OK out

*the col with the numbers: 8300, 6450 ... etc

--
Rgds
Max
"John Knoke" wrote in message
thank you guys, sorry about the column confusion. your example works fine

for
column N, I need to format only column M

Don Guillett

Use mine for M instead of A....

--
Don Guillett