Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sharing workbook

When i try to start sharing a workbook i get immediately the message:

"The file is no longer shared".

The file cant be saved anymore and so sharing is impossible.

I use excel 2007 on XP with all current updates.

Workbook is not big (41kb) and restarting excel does not work.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Olivier
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Olivier,

Have you recently patched your excel with KB978522? Look in your add/remove
programs, check the "show updates" box and look for it. If you see it, remove
it. I had this same issue only yesterday.

Squeaky

"Olivier" wrote:

When i try to start sharing a workbook i get immediately the message:

"The file is no longer shared".

The file cant be saved anymore and so sharing is impossible.

I use excel 2007 on XP with all current updates.

Workbook is not big (41kb) and restarting excel does not work.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Olivier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jo Jo is offline

I tried to install this patch and it stated that it was already installed,
yet I am getting the same error, though the file is shared.