Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Stop numbering rows for Titles

Hello,

I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1,
because it is just titles that do not need to be counted, in other words,
there is no data until row 5. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does "counting" mean? How do you use the count?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Volunteer_Atwork" wrote in
message ...
Hello,

I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1,
because it is just titles that do not need to be counted, in other words,
there is no data until row 5. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm guessing that you mean you want the row numbering to start on row 5.

Excel doesn't work that way.

You can show the row numbers or hide them.

But there's nothing stopping you from putting your own index numbers in column A
(insert a new column A if you want).

Then you can put whatever you want in those cells.

Volunteer_Atwork wrote:

Hello,

I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1,
because it is just titles that do not need to be counted, in other words,
there is no data until row 5. How do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot remove rows and start a new row 1 anywhere you wish.

If you want to see 1 in row 5 and 2 in row 6............

In A5 enter =ROW()-4

Drag/Copy down as far as you wish.

Turn off Display of row and column headings.

But that would be visual only.

Row 5 is still row 5

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP