Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autoformat numbering...how to stop it

I am entering our state's learning standards. When I list the 'code' number
associated with the benchmark it automatically formats the numbering and I
don't want it to.

For example:
Benchmarks:
6.C.ECa Explore quantity and number.
6.C.ECb Connect numbers to quantities they represent using physical...

Everytime I enter the benchmark number it changes the very last C to a
lowercase c...and I don't want it to...so then it looks like this:

6.C.Eca
6.C.Ecb

Help!