Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I do numbering of rows in Excel when there are blank rows?

I want sequential numbering, however, the content contains blank rows. Plus
every time I add a row e.g. in the middle, then I have to re-number the rest
of the list. Is there a quicker way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

In B1: =IF(A1<"",1,"")
B2: =IF(A2<"",MAX($B$1:OFFSET(B2,-1,0))+1,"")

and copy B2 down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips