Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default concatenate

I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to merge if the total
characters does not exceed 70 characters, can anyone help me with a formula
for that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

Hi
I am not sure if this is what you want:

IF(LEN(A1)+LEN(B1)<=70,CONCATENATE(A1,B1),"")
check both columns if less than 70 = concatinate both, if not blank
or
LEFT(CONCATENATE(A1,B1),70)
this concatenate both cells up to 70 characters

--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

"joe" wrote:

I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to merge if the total
characters does not exceed 70 characters, can anyone help me with a formula
for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something like this...

=IF(LEN(A1&B1)70,"",A1&B1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"joe" wrote in message
I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to merge if the total
characters does not exceed 70 characters, can anyone help me with a
formula
for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this

IF(LEN(A1)+LEN(B1)<71,concatenate(A1,B1),"")
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"joe" wrote:

I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to merge if the total
characters does not exceed 70 characters, can anyone help me with a formula
for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joe,

In your message header you mention 'Concatenate' and in the message body it
becomes 'Convert' and then 'Merge' so I'm a bit lost as to what you actually
want. Does this help

=IF(LEN(A1&B1)<70,A1&B1,"")
--
Mike