Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nic Nic is offline

Default Help with CONCATENATE!

I use the Concatenate function to write some notes to a report I print in
excel. One of the notes reads " The total number of people to enter was
1234". Where the number 1234 is referenced from another cell.

How can I get the note to display the number with a comma separating the
thousands i.e. as 1,234. The referenced cell is formatted this way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way, assuming the number is in A1:
=" The total number of people to enter was "&TEXT(A1,"#,##0")
--
Max
Singapore
"Nic" wrote:
I use the Concatenate function to write some notes to a report I print in
excel. One of the notes reads " The total number of people to enter was
1234". Where the number 1234 is referenced from another cell.

How can I get the note to display the number with a comma separating the
thousands i.e. as 1,234. The referenced cell is formatted this way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe this...........

="The total number of people to enter was
"&INT(A1/1000)&","&A1-INT(A1/1000)*1000

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Nic" wrote in message
I use the Concatenate function to write some notes to a report I print in
excel. One of the notes reads " The total number of people to enter was
1234". Where the number 1234 is referenced from another cell.

How can I get the note to display the number with a comma separating the
thousands i.e. as 1,234. The referenced cell is formatted this way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Good one Max, mine only works up to 999,999............yours is much better!

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Nic" wrote:
I use the Concatenate function to write some notes to a report I print

in
excel. One of the notes reads " The total number of people to enter was
1234". Where the number 1234 is referenced from another cell.

How can I get the note to display the number with a comma separating the
thousands i.e. as 1,234. The referenced cell is formatted this way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nic Nic is offline

Thanks Max,
very neat solution - and so quick!
Nic

"Nic" wrote:
I use the Concatenate function to write some notes to a report I print in
excel. One of the notes reads " The total number of people to enter was
1234". Where the number 1234 is referenced from another cell.

How can I get the note to display the number with a comma separating the
thousands i.e. as 1,234. The referenced cell is formatted this way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You're welcome, Nic !