coddave

Default CONCATENATE

Hello All,

I have wrestled with this formula for weeks but I cannot seem to get it to
work: =IF(Totals!B40,CONCATENATE(Totals!B4,"-",Totals!B3),"")
The formula above works, however I would like to have this formula work
accross columns. This sheet is a summary order sheet, which references
another sheet. On the sheet it is referencing along the top I have items,
down the side there will be customers. What should happen is if the
referenced sheet field is blank nothing is ordered or showed on the summary
sheet; if the number is 1 or, the total quantity and the item will appear
e.g. 5 - peaches, in Mr. Smith's row. The above formula works for just one
column, I would like it to show all orders, e.g. in Mr. Smith's row
5-peaches, 3-apples, 2-pears, etc.. There are over 100 items so I cannot
repeat the formula above for all columns. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dave
PF Wannabe

change your formula to

=IF(Totals!B40,Concatenate(Totals1B4,"-",Totals!B$3),"")

--
PF Wannabe
PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25798

coddave

Thanks PF Wannabe,

However, this formula does the same thing as the original one I posted,
ideally I wish to use this formula accross cells so that a summary of
multiple items would appear. Any field with no quantity would not show up,
however, fields with a number greater than 0 will show with the appropriate
item attached: eg. 6-apples, 5-oranges, 1-banana, etc.. The summary field
would be composed of list of concaatenated items separated by commas, back
slashes, etc. what ever would work.

I appreciate your help,

Dave

typo in previous reply