Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Un-Concatenate

I have a column of address information (Street City State Zip) each address
is contained in one cell. I need to seperate the information so that the
Street is in its own cell, City is in another, and so on. I want to
"Un-concatenate" the information. The information is seperated by spaces.
nyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at Data | Text-to-Columns
You might end up with Street No separated from Street Name but they could be
re-concatenated
The biggest problem with be Streets and Cities with multi-word names
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hank24" wrote in message
I have a column of address information (Street City State Zip) each
address
is contained in one cell. I need to seperate the information so that the
Street is in its own cell, City is in another, and so on. I want to
"Un-concatenate" the information. The information is seperated by spaces.
nyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Text-to-Columns. Refer the below link for help.

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel...M315128331.htm

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Hank24" wrote:

I have a column of address information (Street City State Zip) each address
is contained in one cell. I need to seperate the information so that the
Street is in its own cell, City is in another, and so on. I want to
"Un-concatenate" the information. The information is seperated by spaces.
nyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:33:01 -0700, Hank24
wrote:

I have a column of address information (Street City State Zip) each address
is contained in one cell. I need to seperate the information so that the
Street is in its own cell, City is in another, and so on. I want to
"Un-concatenate" the information. The information is seperated by spaces.
nyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

If they are truly separated only by spaces, then you will have a problem with
multiword streets and cities (and states unless they are all the two-letter
abbreviations).

Give some examples.

It may be that a zip code lookup to determine the actual city and state may be
the way to go. How long is your list and how often do you need to go through
this process?
--ron

CONCATENATE kyoshirou Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 3rd 08 09:14 PM
concatenate babs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 February 20th 08 11:28 AM
Concatenate Susie New Users to Excel 3 February 13th 08 01:56 AM
I know how to concatenate ,can one de-concatenate to split date? QUICK BOOKS PROBLEM- New Users to Excel 1 July 26th 05 05:07 PM
Un-concatenate James Hamilton Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 June 10th 05 01:09 AM