Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding data to a 2007 pivot table

Hi

sorry if this is a stupid question, how do I add refresh a pivot table to
include data added to the END of my existing data? Do you have to recreate
the pivot table with the extended range? I know that you can just refresh it
if new data is include inside the existing range

Thanks in advance
Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Diane

If you go to your Source data, and choose Insert tabTablemy table has
Headers you will see a new Design tab and in the first sectionProperties
you will see a table name (Table1) which you can call anything you want e,g,
myData

Right click on your PTOptions tabDataChange Data Sourcein the dialogue
that appears for Table/Range=myDataOK

A table will automatically grow (or shrink) as data is added (removed), so
your PT will always look at the whole of the data you have.
As a generality always choose Insert tabTable and then choose Summarize
with Pivot Table from the Design tab so you don't have to do this again.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dianeg" wrote in message
Hi

sorry if this is a stupid question, how do I add refresh a pivot table to
include data added to the END of my existing data? Do you have to
recreate
the pivot table with the extended range? I know that you can just refresh
it
if new data is include inside the existing range

Thanks in advance
Diane

signature database 4767 (20100113) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4767 (20100113) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Just convert the range (select the header row when selecting the range) to a
Table (Ctrl+L or Ctrl+T). A table auto expands the data range. Now when
you add data by rows, just right click on the pivot table and refresh (the
usual way)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com