Monte Comeau

Default HELP REQUEST:Golf Scoresheet question

Hello.

If anyone has the time to help me out a bit it would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to make an Excel workbook that will help me do the scoring for a
golf tournament.

I have no problem getting the scores all figured out with handicap
adjustments etc but I have a problem that has me stumped.

I need to separate the golfers into 3 divisions based on a handicap factor.
I will have one sheet with a single list of about 100 players, each player
will have a handicap factor from 0 to 36.

I want to have a separate sheet that will put all the 0-10 in one group, a
separate sheet for the11-20 group and another sheet for the 21 - 33 group.
These groups will be listed in order of lowest to highest score.

Any easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist us.

We are a non-profit organization by the way...none of this will be used to
help a business or earn money. Just helpout some volunteers on a very busy
day.

Biff

Hi!

The easiest way:

Just sort your list by hdcp factor then copy/paste those players that fall
into each group to the appropriate sheet.

If you can't sort for some reason this could also be done using a filter or
even a formula.

Biff

"Monte Comeau" wrote in message
[...]

Michael

Hi Monte
Don't ya just love the golf handicap system.
If you haven't got one already, put in an extra column with each players
handicap entered into each cell.
Now sort the data using that column.
You can then copy and paste the data to your individual sheets

HTH
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"Monte Comeau" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Monte

DataFilterAutofilter.

Filter on "less than" 11.

Copy those visible cells to a new sheet.

Do same for 11-20 and 21-36

Gord Dibben Excel MVP