Arnost Katolicky

Default problem with the command - method "UpdateFromFile"

Dear Friends!
I already asked for help with the method "UpdateFromFile". The aswer from a
member of our group was: "help is OK". I am sorry, but I need a piece of
code, containing the command. I am not shure what must precede the
command!!! My old question is stil the same:
I need to update ( with VBA ) actual sheet on local PC from the sheet
which
is located on the server on a shared harddisk.
Method: UpdateFromFile in my code does not work properly. .
Where could I find more complex information about this methhod (command)?
I would be happy to see a piece of code including the command.
Arnost Katolicky

Jimbola

Having looked at the Help on Excel VB the code it shows is (you've probably
seen it)

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateFromFile

There would be no preceeding code for it.
Are you sure though that this is the function that you want to use? From
readin help this seems only useful if the workbook is open in read-only and
you want to update from the active workbook. Is this what you are trying to
do?
Do you want to (re-)post your code?