Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Default Excel Display Problem

There are two monitors on my XP-Home system. The primary one uses the
Intel adapter provided on the Dell motherboard. The secondary one uses
an Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

On the primary monitor all works well. On the secondary all works well
with every program except my Excel 97. And even with Excel everything
is ok except the little edit window that one enters cell contents into.
When I ask it to edit an existing cell, it does not show the first few
characters. Grumble, grumble....

I've just lived with this for quite awhile, but I decided that perhaps
the problem was maybe the adapter driver so I thought I'd update it.
Using the automatic "update" button in XP worked wonderfully well, but
the problem is still there and when I look closely I see the "new"
driver is a year older than the one I had. So I went to the nVidia site
and downloaded their driver. It still shows the problem and is *two*
years older than what I started with. Anyhow, the XP Restore process
worked nicely and I ended up back where I started.

My question is whether this is a known Excel97 problem that upgrading to
the current version would resolve? Or would I just be out a couple
hundred dollars and still have the same problem.

Thanks...

Bill