Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell

Hi everyone,

I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.
In column E, I have a list of zip code.
In column I, I have the "Priority" category.
Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be
accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all
the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on).

The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to
use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be
overridden for someone who doesn't follow the zip code Vlookup formula.
With Drop Down List setting in Data Validation, I know that it won't allow
and formula, which mean only one thing and not the other.

I know that this can be accomplished with VB, but I'm not sure how. Please
help!
Also, could you tell me where to put the code as well?

Thank you,
Neon520