Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup with dropdown list

Need a dropdown list with reference to another cell

My problem

A1 : with data validation to select from a range named list
B1 : =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,list,2,0))
C1 : =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,list,3,0))
D1 : =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,list,5,0))

E1 : in this cell, I need it to base on cell A1 and have a dropdown list fro
me to select from a range of data by the name area

F1 : in this cell, I need it to base on cell E1 and have a dropdown list fro
me to select from a range of data by the name location

Pls help

*I only able to figure out to give the data range a name in one worksheet
and will be able to be used in the whole workbook.

Regards
vcff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think the best place to point you to for help on these dependent lists are
these two:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html

In setting up data validation, you can set it to lists that are on other
worksheets in a workbook if you give those lists Names. When you set up Data
Validation using the wizard, you choose List as the type of data and then in
the "Source" entry box you type something like
=ListRangeName
where ListRangeName is the name you gave to the list.

But it may be easier to simply put your lists on the same sheet in an unused
area and make sure that your PrintArea setting doesn't include that area.