Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default evnet code, checking for entry

i would like to write a view code that if someone edits a formula in column
AC, the macro copies that formula to 3 different cells on that line.

assumptios:
column AC is called "tot_dollars"
currently cell AC10= ac11+ac12.
lets say the user edits this formula to ac10=ac11+ac13.
i want the macro to automatically recognize that the user modified the
formula and to copy/pastespecial/formulas that new formula to three different
cells on that line (ad10, bb10 and cc10)

help?

I did start with this sentence but ran into trouble when i deleted a row as
it triggered the event. technically i didn't enter or modify anything in
"Tot dollars" but by deleting it it considers it an event?
If Intersect(Target, Range("tot_dollars")) Is Nothing Then exit sub

thanks in advanace,
Tami

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

still having the problem i mentioned below about deleting lines.
if i delete a line within the target range, it triggers the event and
technically i don't have any formula to copy over.
suggestions?
can the event be more specific, like cell contents have been modified? in
order to avoid deletions?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Right click sheet tabview code insert this. Modify to suit.
I would imagine you want to restrict to a cell or range.

If Intersect(Target, Range("I8:I10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Range("h1,j4,k6").Formula = Target.Formula

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

.