Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
drvortex

Default Color Code Date Checking

Hi all,

I found somewhat of a resolution via searching the internet prior to
deployment but can't find it. So I decided to find out if you all can
help me. I didn't know what to title this issue. This is what I want
to do.

In Column B I have a date. In column D, E, F, and G I have a check
mark and the box is filled-in w/ a color. Anyways, here is what I like
to do.

In columns D-G...the title for each column is the following:
D = 1 Week
E = 1 Week < 1 Month
F = 1 Month < 3 Months
G = 3 Months

What I want to do is have each block check the date in column B. If
the date is within 1 week of today's date, I want the block in column D
to be color filled w/ Green.

If the date is greater than 1 week but less than 1 month I want the
block in column E color filled w/ Yellow.

If the date is greater than 1 month but less than 3 months I want the
block in column F color filled w/ Red.

If the date is greater than 3 months I want the block in column G color
filled w/ Red.

How can this be done. Sounds simple but I have no clue where to start.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jason

--
drvortex
drvortex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15896

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Without going into detail what you are looking for is Conditional
Formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
drvortex

Exactly, but how do I do that in a formula format.

--
drvortex
drvortex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507115

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In this perticular case the cell that is changing colors does not need
a formula in it.

If Cell B8 contains a date and you want Cell D8 to be green when Cell
B8 is +/- 7 days from the current date do the following:

Select Cell D8
Select Format - Conditional Formatting
Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
Put in the following formula:
=AND($B$8<NOW()+7,$B$8NOW()-7)
Select the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select Green
Click OK
Click OK

Change Cell B8 to different dates and watch it change to green whenever
the date is +/- 7 days from the current day.