Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robertguy

Default Checking & Forcing Data Entry in Cells

Hi,

Can anyone help me please ?

What I’m trying to do is to ensure a user inputs data into a series of
cells correctly e.g.

If the user inputs data (numbers or text) in any cell say from A1
through to cell A20 that if they omit to input any data into any of the
cells that they get a warning message to rectify.

I have already used the validation facility to check if the input has
exceed the desired character length required, so I would be grateful
for any assistance for a VB solution to check for data input and also
incorporate the field length check.

Excel Version 2000

Many thanks

Rob

--
robertguy

44 Married two kids
robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5963
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504048

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I'd use a cell (probably A1 and shift everything down a row...)

But you could use B1 and put a formula like:

=if(counta(a1:a20)=20,"","Please Enter all the data!")

In code:

dim myRng as range
with worksheets("Sheet1")
set myrng = .range("a1:A20")
end with

if application.counta(myrng) < myrng.cells.count then
msgbox "Hey, Fill'em out!
else
msgbox "Good work!
end if