Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink to a specific worksheet in another workbook

Hi,
is there a way to hyperlink from one workbook to a specific worksheet in
another workbook.
I have a collumn of numbers from 1-80.
I would like to click on each cell and be taken to a corresponding worksheet
numbered 1-80 ina diffferent workbook.
I can easily go to that workbook but I can`t specify the worksheet: it just
takes me to the last viewed worksheet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
RR1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using event code code.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _
Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A80"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Exceldata\Book1.xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Target.Value).Activate

Edit the path and filename to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:06:02 -0800, Romileyrunner1
wrote:

Hi,
is there a way to hyperlink from one workbook to a specific worksheet in
another workbook.
I have a collumn of numbers from 1-80.
I would like to click on each cell and be taken to a corresponding worksheet
numbered 1-80 ina diffferent workbook.
I can easily go to that workbook but I can`t specify the worksheet: it just
takes me to the last viewed worksheet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

www.google.com
http://www.theexceladdict.com/_t/t030609b.htm

www.youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIHggOP71Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pu5QSuGcwU

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
is there a way to hyperlink from one workbook to a specific worksheet in
another workbook.
I have a collumn of numbers from 1-80.
I would like to click on each cell and be taken to a corresponding worksheet
numbered 1-80 ina diffferent workbook.
I can easily go to that workbook but I can`t specify the worksheet: it just
takes me to the last viewed worksheet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Something like this should work:

=HYPERLINK("[C:\My Documents\Mybook.xls]"&A2&"!A1",A2)

Note that this takes you to the workbook "Mybook", cell "A1" of the sheet
called out in cell A2, and displays a friendly name of whatever is in cell
A2. You can learn more about the HYPERLINK function in the XL help file.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
is there a way to hyperlink from one workbook to a specific worksheet in
another workbook.
I have a collumn of numbers from 1-80.
I would like to click on each cell and be taken to a corresponding worksheet
numbered 1-80 ina diffferent workbook.
I can easily go to that workbook but I can`t specify the worksheet: it just
takes me to the last viewed worksheet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
i think your question was answered in the previous post but try something
like this....
=HYPERLINK([workbook1.xls]sheet1!$A$1,"gotoit1")

regards
FSt1

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
is there a way to hyperlink from one workbook to a specific worksheet in
another workbook.
I have a collumn of numbers from 1-80.
I would like to click on each cell and be taken to a corresponding worksheet
numbered 1-80 ina diffferent workbook.
I can easily go to that workbook but I can`t specify the worksheet: it just
takes me to the last viewed worksheet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
RR1