Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink to a specific worksheet in another workbook.

Hi,
I have a workbook which has columns numbered 1-80.
I want to place a hyperlink in each of these numbered cells that will take
me to a specified page e.g. #1 going to sheet 1, in another workbook.

I can insert a hyperlink that will take me to that workbook, no problems,
but there doesn`t seem to be an option to specify the worksheet: so it just
sends me to the last worksheet viewed.

Any ideas folks?
Thanks
RR1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=HYPERLINK("file:///C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Desktop\Book2.xls#Sheet2!B9")

This will take you to a specific cell on a specific sheet.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
I have a workbook which has columns numbered 1-80.
I want to place a hyperlink in each of these numbered cells that will take
me to a specified page e.g. #1 going to sheet 1, in another workbook.

I can insert a hyperlink that will take me to that workbook, no problems,
but there doesn`t seem to be an option to specify the worksheet: so it just
sends me to the last worksheet viewed.

Any ideas folks?
Thanks
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below formula in a cell say A1 and copy this across...to B1,C1 etc;

-Edit the book name in the formula. Please note that unless you save the
file you will not have the extesion
-Sheets in book3.xls are named as sheet1, sheet2 ,sheet3 etc;

=HYPERLINK("[Book3.xls]Sheet" & COLUMN(A1) & "!A1",COLUMN(A1))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria