Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Split list query for Vlookups

I have a DVD list that is split into three sections to remain small
enough to be O2k3 compatible. To poll this list with vlookup, I can
manually convert the table to O2k7, which can handle the data set in a
single worksheet.

I would like to simply poll the unedited O2k3 compatible sheet.

So, instead of a vlookup to a single sheet named range, I would want to:

"look at here1" then "look at here2" if not found at here1 then "look at
here3" if not found at here2, and stop when it hits the match.

Is that an if nesting?

My typical string,which uses a common ID field I use is:

=VLOOKUP(C4,DVD!A:O,15,FALSE)

Where "DVD" is the single worksheet.

The compatibility mode sheet would be like three sheets:

a-f

g-o

p-z

The info (lookup value) I am looking up from is numeric and whole
numbers and a unique set, however.

And no, advice toward a database is not what I seek currently.

I could name them as named ranges instead of sheets and shorten the
formula text a bit I suppose. Like Rng1 Rng2 and Rng3 or the like.
Thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is what it would look like

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C4,<Look
Here1,<Col1,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C4,<Look
Here2,<Col2,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C4,<Look Here3,<Col3,FALSE)),"No
Match Found",VLOOKUP(C4,<Look Here3,<Col3,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(C4,<Look
Here2,<Col2,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(C4,<Look Here1,<Col1,FALSE))
--
If this helps, please click "Yes"

.