Lady Layla

Is it a list in 1 column and you need to make it into 2 columns? If so,
Download Asap Utilities Add-in and use Advance Transposer -- select 2 columns
and let it go

"jont" wrote in message
: I need to divide a list I have in two equally. I want to do it by selecting
: every other one. Is ther a formula or macro I can use to do this?

jont

Default How do I split a list by every other one in excel?

I need to divide a list I have in two equally. I want to do it by selecting
every other one. Is ther a formula or macro I can use to do this?
jont

Thanks for the info. However it is a large datebase with about 2000 entries
and multiple columns. I need to select every other row, cut them and then
paste them to a new list. Then collapse the empty rows on the original list.

"jont" wrote in message
: I need to divide a list I have in two equally. I want to do it by selecting
: every other one. Is ther a formula or macro I can use to do this?

AlfD

Hi!

Worksheet method:

Choose an empty column at the end of the database (don't leave gaps)
Suppose this is col DA
In DA1 put =mod(ROW(),2) (which evaluates to 0 in even rows and 1 in
odd rows)
Copy this down the length of your database.
Start Data Filter Autofilter and select 1 in col DA
Now select all cells (ctrl+A) followed by F5 Special Visible cells
only.
Paste to a new worksheet. That's half the job done.
Now do the same selecting 0 instead of 1.
You have 2 sheets satisfying your requirements. ? Dump the original

Alf