Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Breaking Numereous Links

I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to Edit - Links. You can now change the source, or break links from this
dialogue.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Steve" wrote:

I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess I wasn't very clear, but that's what I am doing. When I break the
link from that dialog box, the link doesn't go away. I have to continue
breaking the links, and eventually, maybe after doing that 30 times , the
link will disappear/be removed.

"Steve" wrote:

I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sub BreakLinks()'Bob Umlas
LNames = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
For i = 1 To UBound(LNames)
ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink Name:= _
LNames(i), Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks
Next

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Steve" wrote in message
I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has
numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many
times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one
shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Exactly like a macro.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

"Steve" wrote in message
I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has
numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many
times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one
shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks,

I'll give it a try. I'm very familiar with macros, but mainly via recording
them. I can't write them from scratch, and that's what the suggestion looked
like.

Thanks again,

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has
numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many
times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one
shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 6, 3:32*pm, Steve wrote:
I copy the data from a sheet I did not create, and apparently it has numerous
links in it. I have to individually Edit-Links-Break Links many, many times.
Is there a way I can do something that will break all the links in one shot ?
( I do not want to paste-values to not get the links).

Thanks,

Steve

There is a function to break ext. links in the free ASAP-Addin:
www.asap-utilities.com.
Hope that helps.
Cheers Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The next step in your education is writing macros

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel