Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Breaking Links

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to break links in Excel such that it
does not retain the data that is currently in that cell. What I am
trying to do is set up a summary sheet that links multiple different
workbooks (around 20 or so), however I want the associated linked data
to become "NA" or someother irrelevant value if I delete 1 of the
workbooks. In otherwords instead of breaking the link and keeping the
old value, I want to be able to break the link and lose all data
associated with it.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seems to me that if you cut and paste the data source file, the next time you
open the summary sheet it will tell you that links are gone and give you the
option to edit them.