Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Create a drop down list which automatically inputs linked informat

Im creating a spreadsheet which allows me to track my orders and allows me to
manage my monthly budget.
I have a table in Excel which has the product, order code, supplier and
cost, called 'Clothes List', and in a separatee tab/worksheet called 'Order
Tracking', I have the main table where I track the ordering process (date
ordered, when received, order number etc).

But, I want to be able to select the product I am ordering from a drop down
list in 'Order Tacking' and then have the supporting information
automatically input itself eg

Product Supplier Order Refernce Cost
Blue Dress Size 8 The Dress People B52 £19.87
Blue Dress Size 10 The Dress People R97 £19.87
Red Dress Size 12 The Dress People R68 £21.98
Red Dress Size 14 The Dress People K98 £21.50
Purple Trousers Size 16 Pants! PB78965
£15.99
Black Trousers Size 18 Pants! PB76543
£15.99

so when I select Red Dress size 14, from a drop down list, it automatically
inputsThe Dress People, K98 and £21.50....

can anyone help? (my knowledge of excel is basic and goes as far as basic
formulas)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
It looks like you want dependent lists look into Debra web

if this helps please click yes thanks

"tooboogaloodooo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may want to read up on the VLOOKUP() function in the Help menu

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"tooboogaloodooo" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this... if I understand correctly.

Select three cell in the same row where you want the info to show and while
selected, type in this formula, it will show only in the 'white' cell. Now
hit Control Shift Enter. You will get curly brackets around the
formulas... { }. (Don't put them there yourself.)

=VLOOKUP(G1,Clothes_List,{2,3,4},0)

Where G1 has a drop down list of the PRODUCT's - Blue Dress Size 8, etc., on
the formula sheet.

Where Clothes_List is the named range on the other sheet that contains the
PRODUCT in the 1st column, the SUPPLIER in the 2nd, the ORDER REF in the 3rd
and the COST in the 4th.

If you modify the formula, you will need to select all three of the cells
containing the formula, make your changes and then use Control Shift
Enter to commit.

HTH
Regards,
Howard