Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can a drop down list be linked to values on another sheet?

Hello:

I am working on the balanced scorecard for our company. I have a BSC on one
of the Main worksheets followed by the supporting sheets for around 40+ KPIs
/ Metrics.

On the Main sheet I am able to set up a drop down list for Year and Month:

Year
2007
2008
2009
2010.....

Month
1
2
3
4.....

On the supporting sheet I have a Tab named ROE the data is also stored in
columns for each Month and Year eg.

ROE DATA:
2008 |CellA8|
1 |Cell A9|
ROE % |Cell A11|

I want the user to select the Year and the month on the main Sheet and get
the desired info updated on the mainsheet instantly. Please let me know a way
of doing it. I will follow the same for all the other metrics

Thanks Much!
Deezel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using a combo box? If you are then you have to use the Forms
combobox. So go to View-Toolbars-Forms

Then right click on the drop down box and go to format control.

There you should see a box that says "Cell Link".

Select some cell on a worksheet which you want linked to that combobox. This
cell link is the only way you can use a value given in the combobox. But this
values will just be digits. A good way to do things is to use offset formula
to select the correct string that the number represents.