Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fdebelo

Default Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

--
Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

You can create dependent data validation lists. There are instructions
he

fdebelo wrote:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fdebelo

I have a drop down list in A3 with 2 items in the list. If i select the item
1 from A3 list, I would like to open the drop down list in A4, and see the
list associated with item 1 in A3.

If I select item 2 in A3, the list in A4 would be a different list, one that
is associated with A3. is this possible without utilizing access?
--

"fdebelo" wrote:

--
Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

In a simple example as you give, all you need is something like this formula
in your second DV, type of list

=if(F1=1,m1:M4,N1:N4)

better still use named ranges.

--