Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hiding tabs for just some sheets.

Hi,
how would I hid some worksheet tabs but not others.
I have about 12 main tabs that I need to show for navigatio purposes. Then I
will have 80 subsiduary sheets that I want to navigate to from a `masterpage`
using hyperlinks.
Having played about with this a bit, the problem is that when I navigate to
lets say subsiduary sheet 20 from the master sheet, the tabs scroll across
the bottom and now I can`t easily get back to my first and most important
worksheet pages. I have to rescroll back left to get them in view again.

Any ideas people?
Many hanks.
RR1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would suggest making a custom toolbar for the workbook, with buttons that
select your "main sheets". Each button would then have a short macro attached
to it. Check out this link:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html

For guidance on making a custom toolbar.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
how would I hid some worksheet tabs but not others.
I have about 12 main tabs that I need to show for navigatio purposes. Then I
will have 80 subsiduary sheets that I want to navigate to from a `masterpage`
using hyperlinks.
Having played about with this a bit, the problem is that when I navigate to
lets say subsiduary sheet 20 from the master sheet, the tabs scroll across
the bottom and now I can`t easily get back to my first and most important
worksheet pages. I have to rescroll back left to get them in view again.

Any ideas people?
Many hanks.
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Luke, I`ll give it a go.
RR1
I`ll get back once I`ve given it a try.
(may be some time!!!!!!!!!)

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
how would I hid some worksheet tabs but not others.
I have about 12 main tabs that I need to show for navigatio purposes. Then I
will have 80 subsiduary sheets that I want to navigate to from a `masterpage`
using hyperlinks.
Having played about with this a bit, the problem is that when I navigate to
lets say subsiduary sheet 20 from the master sheet, the tabs scroll across
the bottom and now I can`t easily get back to my first and most important
worksheet pages. I have to rescroll back left to get them in view again.

Any ideas people?
Many hanks.
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can build a Sheet Navigation Toolbar as per Dave Peterson's code on
Debra Dalgleish's site. Sorts as well as navigates.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:37:44 -0700, Romileyrunner1
wrote:

Hi,
how would I hid some worksheet tabs but not others.
I have about 12 main tabs that I need to show for navigatio purposes. Then I
will have 80 subsiduary sheets that I want to navigate to from a `masterpage`
using hyperlinks.
Having played about with this a bit, the problem is that when I navigate to
lets say subsiduary sheet 20 from the master sheet, the tabs scroll across
the bottom and now I can`t easily get back to my first and most important
worksheet pages. I have to rescroll back left to get them in view again.

Any ideas people?
Many hanks.
RR1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

After getting to the 20th sheet, you can right click on the "VCR" controls
which appear at the bottom left and then select the last option. This will
bring up the activate box and you can now jump to a specific sheet by
selecting it. You may also refer to
http://www.merawindows.com/Forums/ta...s/Default.aspx

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur