Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hiding zero values on all sheets & by default on new sheets

Hello,

In Excel 2003, how can I hide zero values on all worksheets in a workbook,
and how can I set it up so that any new worksheet or workbook created has
zero values hidden?

Thank you,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

Go to ToolsOptions. On the View tab there is a checkbox call Zero Values.
If you uncheck the box any zero value will disappear. This will affect any
workbook you open regardless of the previous settings. You can also setup
many other default settings for your workbooks when they open and when you
add worksheets.
--
Tim Murphy

"WiFiMike2006" wrote:

Hello,

In Excel 2003, how can I hide zero values on all worksheets in a workbook,
and how can I set it up so that any new worksheet or workbook created has
zero values hidden?

Thank you,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

The view tab is only for the worksheet you editing. I apologize for the
misinformation. You can select multiple worksheets at one time by holding
down the Ctrl or Shift key as you select worksheets. Then when you go to the
view tab any changes you make occur on all worksheets. However, changing the
view tab doesn't setup defaults for the workbook or new workbook. I searched
the discussion groups and didn't find an answer for this, nor do any of my
excel books talk about this.
--
Tim Murphy

"WiFiMike2006" wrote:

Hello,

In Excel 2003, how can I hide zero values on all worksheets in a workbook,
and how can I set it up so that any new worksheet or workbook created has
zero values hidden?

Thank you,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

Another thing you can do is add a button to the toolbar and assign a macro
to this button to turn the zero values on or off on a worksheet. The macro
that can do that is shown below. You put the macro in a hidden workbook that
excel opens anytime you start up excel (personal.xls). You can get to this
via Alt+F11 when in excel. You need to know how to customize or create a new
toolbar, add buttons, and assign macros.

Sub ZeroValues()
' ZeroValues Macro
' Turn zero values on or off for a worksheet
If ActiveWindow.DisplayZeros = True Then
ActiveWindow.DisplayZeros = False
Else