Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time x Rate

Hello,

I need help with a formula to multiply time by a rate amount.

I have the time calculating and shows in a [hr]:mm format (in one cell) and
am trying to multiply it by a rate of $45.00 per hour(in another cell).

A B C D E
46 28:30
47 $45.00
48 ?

I have tried several formulas but none have worked.

Thank you for your help!

Scott A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=E46*24*E47

Format as General, Number or Currency

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scott A" wrote in message
Hello,

I need help with a formula to multiply time by a rate amount.

I have the time calculating and shows in a [hr]:mm format (in one cell)
and
am trying to multiply it by a rate of $45.00 per hour(in another cell).

A B C D E
46 28:30
47 $45.00
48 ?

I have tried several formulas but none have worked.

Thank you for your help!

Scott A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Scott A" wrote:
I have the time calculating and shows in a [hr]:mm format (in one cell)
and
am trying to multiply it by a rate of $45.00 per hour(in another cell).

I would suggest:

=round(24*E46*E47, 2)

to avoid significant rounding "errors" from propagating through the
spreadsheet.