Keith

Default Calculating a rate for elapsed time?

If in column A I have the time a job started and in column B the time a job
ended and I find the time elapsed in column C. From column D I have entered
a fixed rate. I want excel to calculate the amount due in column E. How do
I do this?

Keith

Try it for yourself and see the result!
column a = 9:00am column b = 9:30am column c = (b-a) column d = rate $1.05)
column = solution (should be $31.50)

"Keith" wrote:

If in column A I have the time a job started and in column B the time a job
ended and I find the time elapsed in column C. From column D I have entered
a fixed rate. I want excel to calculate the amount due in column E. How do
I do this?

Gord Dibben

Keith

Peo assumed the rate of $1.05 was per hour.

You want rate of $1.05 per minute if you desire $31.50 as a result from 30
minutes.

Amend formula to =(B1-A1)*24*1.05*60

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Keith" wrote:

If in column A I have the time a job started and in column B the time a job
ended and I find the time elapsed in column C. From column D I have entered
a fixed rate. I want excel to calculate the amount due in column E. How do
I do this?

Peo Sjoblom

I didn't assume anything but the OP although asking me to be specific wasn't
specific in his post
and never mentioned that it was pay per minute. I mean how many pay rates
are per minute?
Sanctus Simplicus!