Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I insert hyperlinks in blank cells

I am trying to set up hyperlinks before inserting any information in the
cells. Is this possible? I was told to use a blank symbol, but the symbol
actually shows up as a dash. Or if there has to be some type of data entered
into a cell in order to hyperlink it, if I do put a zero for the time being,
is there anyway to format it so that the zeroes do not show?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes; you can. Place a 0 and set the hyperlink.
Select the cell, Right clickFormatCellsselect Custom Type 2 double quotes
as below

""

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"VROSARIO7" wrote:

I am trying to set up hyperlinks before inserting any information in the
cells. Is this possible? I was told to use a blank symbol, but the symbol
actually shows up as a dash. Or if there has to be some type of data entered
into a cell in order to hyperlink it, if I do put a zero for the time being,
is there anyway to format it so that the zeroes do not show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have another question.

Is there a way to copy the format only to all of the cells that contain the
0% without overriding the previous hyperlinks I already inserted?

"VROSARIO7" wrote:

I am trying to set up hyperlinks before inserting any information in the
cells. Is this possible? I was told to use a blank symbol, but the symbol
actually shows up as a dash. Or if there has to be some type of data entered
into a cell in order to hyperlink it, if I do put a zero for the time being,
is there anyway to format it so that the zeroes do not show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just one more question if you don't mind. Can I do apply the same format to
cells that contain a formula but say False due to the cell within the formula
not containing the information stated? For example, I put a formula
=If(I25=20%,5%) since I25 is currently 0%, the adjacent column says False,
but I want to be able to hide that. And with this formatting below, once a
percentage greater than zero is entered, will it then show up or do I have to

"VROSARIO7" wrote:

I am trying to set up hyperlinks before inserting any information in the
cells. Is this possible? I was told to use a blank symbol, but the symbol
actually shows up as a dash. Or if there has to be some type of data entered
into a cell in order to hyperlink it, if I do put a zero for the time being,
is there anyway to format it so that the zeroes do not show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now do I have to remove the "" once I actually enter the data in the adjacent
cell? This goes for both the '0' entry and the 'False' entries that I used
this on.

Thanks so much!

"VROSARIO7" wrote:

I am trying to set up hyperlinks before inserting any information in
the
cells. Is this possible? I was told to use a blank symbol, but the
symbol
actually shows up as a dash. Or if there has to be some type of data
entered
into a cell in order to hyperlink it, if I do put a zero for the time
being,
is there anyway to format it so that the zeroes do not show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

By formatting cells to "" what ever data you put in will not be displayed..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria