Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default insert blank cells

I have a column of hundreds of part numbers. I want to insert a new row
between each one. Is there a way to insert rows between all of them at
once?

From this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2__527
3__640
4__243

To this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2
3__527
4
5__640
6
7__243

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way ..
Assuming source data in A1:A10
Fill-in the series: 1,2,3, ... 10 into B1:B10
Copy the series in B1:B10, paste into B11:B20
Then select cols A and B, sort by col B ascending
Clean up by deleting col B
--
Max
Singapore
"iturnrocks" wrote:

I have a column of hundreds of part numbers. I want to insert a new row
between each one. Is there a way to insert rows between all of them at
once?

From this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2__527
3__640
4__243

To this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2
3__527
4
5__640
6
7__243

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570737

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nice trick Max!!

Thanks

Shail

"iturnrocks" wrote:

I have a column of hundreds of part numbers. I want to insert a new row
between each one. Is there a way to insert rows between all of them at
once?

From this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2__527
3__640
4__243

To this
____A___B___C___D
1__432
2
3__527
4
5__640
6
7__243

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570737

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max Wrote:
One way ..
Assuming source data in A1:A10
Fill-in the series: 1,2,3, ... 10 into B1:B10
Copy the series in B1:B10, paste into B11:B20
Then select cols A and B, sort by col B ascending
Clean up by deleting col B
--
Max
Singapore