Mike

Default Copy down - special to fill only the blank cells

I have seen the following where I want to copy down specially ONLY INTO THE
BLANK SPACES, but don't remember how to do this. Any ideas is greatly
appreciated. The example below best demonstrates the need.

ORIGINAL (example of the cells, separated by spaces)
A C Y I U
D E R P
T B

When I do the special copy down, I want it to look like the following:
A C Y I U
A D E R I P
A X E R I P
T X B R I P
T X B R I P

Essentially, what I saw a long time ago, was a 3-4 step process where my
friend:
1. Selected all the cells
2. Somehow did something to deselect the populated cells and only have the
blank cells
3. Fill down from the line above

Any help is appreciated! I know this can be done without macros.

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Mike

Select all rows except for the top row.

F5SpecialBlanksOK

In active cell enter = sign then point to cell above and hit CTRL + ENTER

When happy with results, copypaste special(in place)ValuesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP