Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Assign Color to a Cell based on another Cell on a diff Sheet

Hi,

I am having trouble with the following:

What I want to be able to do is change the color of cell B1 on sheet 2 once
the data on cell A1 sheet 1 is entered.

So if I entered 100% in A1 sheet 1, i want the color of B1 sheet 2 (which
also says 100%) to automatically change.

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
yes. in cell B1, sheet2 enter =sheet1!A1
then use conditional formating on cell B1, sheet2.
on the menu bar...formatconditonal format
cell value is....... equal to.......1..............pick you format.

regards
FSt1

"VROSARIO7" wrote:

Hi,

I am having trouble with the following:

What I want to be able to do is change the color of cell B1 on sheet 2 once
the data on cell A1 sheet 1 is entered.

So if I entered 100% in A1 sheet 1, i want the color of B1 sheet 2 (which
also says 100%) to automatically change.

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like you have a formula in Sheet2!B1 that references the value of
Sheet1!A1, so that whatever value you enter in Sheet1!A1 is shown in
Sheet2!B1.

If this is the case, then you can use Conditional Formatting to change
the cell color of Sheet2!B2 when its value does not equal 0. Note,
howerver, that Conditional Formatting only works within the worksheet
the cell to be colored is in - that is, you can't directly use the value
of Sheet1!A1 to control the color of a cell on Sheet2.

--
jamescox
jamescox's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=449