Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
43fan

Default Set color of cell based on info on another sheet?

I have the need to set the color of a cell, based on whether the value
equals one of a series of values on another worksheet.

The situation is, we do tire testing. We measure the tires, and/or perform
vehicle validations, at certain mileage intervals. These intervals change
based on the type of test it is. I'd like to be able to have a "setup"
sheet that has the particular mileages that certain operations are
performed, keep track of the mileages run each day on that sheet. Then, on
a separate worksheet, keep a running list of the totals for each day, and if
the total for a particular vehicle/set of tires matches one of the values on
the setup sheet, set the cell color to something to stand out, showing it
needs some type of work done.

How can I do this? Can I do this?

Thanks!
Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I think we need more info on the data, how it is structured, what would be
flagged etc. A worked example would be good.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"43fan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
43fan

Bob,

My apologies.

Right now, two different "schedules" are run.

Schedule A - 0, 1000, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000 (measurements)
0, 1000, 4000, 8000 (alignments)

Schedule B - 0, 2500, 10000, 17500, 25000, 32500, 40000 (everything)

On a setup sheet, I'd have pertinent info, as well as which schedule was
being run, with the above mileages entered into individual cells. On that
sheet, each shifts completed mileage would be entered as well, again,
individual cells.

On a "summary" sheet, some of the pertinent info would be shown, as well as
totalling, by shift, the accrued mileages run. If one of the accrued
mileages equals one of the "schedule" mileages, I want to change the color
of the cell. At this point, if it just changes it to red, I'd be happy. It
flags it enough that someone can look at the schedule to see what actually
needs done. If I can eventually get it to use different colors for
different things that need done, great. At this point though, that's not a
priority.

Please ask any other questions if you need. :)

Thanks!!
Shawn