Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking up values in multiple rows

Hi there,

I need to have a vlookup or something that works across rows.

For example, I have column A representing time, with A1 through to Axxxx
with each cell showing a time for a specific date. So for June 1 we would see
the times 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc. Then for June 2 we would see the times
08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc.. For the entire month these same times are noted.
Column C is the column that has the data that I want, but I only want a
specific time.

How do I set this up so that my formula gives me the column C data for 12:30
for every day in June.

Thanks,
Marie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way...

Assuming your dates/times are true Excel dates/times...

Enter the first day of the month for the date/time you want to lookup in a
cell:

E1 = 6/1/2009 12:30 PM

Enter this formula in F1 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(E$1+ROWS(F$1:F1)-1,A:A,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to have a vlookup or something that works across rows.

For example, I have column A representing time, with A1 through to Axxxx
with each cell showing a time for a specific date. So for June 1 we would
see
the times 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc. Then for June 2 we would see the times
08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc.. For the entire month these same times are
noted.
Column C is the column that has the data that I want, but I only want a
specific time.

How do I set this up so that my formula gives me the column C data for
12:30
for every day in June.

Thanks,
Marie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try Don's suggestion?

AutoFilter for month of June then filter for 12:30

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:25:01 -0700, MeMe
wrote:

Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to have a vlookup or something that works across rows.

For example, I have column A representing time, with A1 through to Axxxx
with each cell showing a time for a specific date. So for June 1 we would
see
the times 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc. Then for June 2 we would see the times
08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc.. For the entire month these same times are
noted.
Column C is the column that has the data that I want, but I only want a
specific time.

How do I set this up so that my formula gives me the column C data for
12:30
for every day in June.

Thanks,
Marie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I could, but I need the information from the 4 sheets in another worksheet. I
had thought that I could use a VLOOKUP that allowed for multiple instances of
the same lookup value over the course of 2 months. Unfortunately, the lookup
only works for the first instance of the lookup value, then I don't know how
to modify the formula so that it can do the rest of the spreadsheet.

Suggestions?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Did you try Don's suggestion?

AutoFilter for month of June then filter for 12:30

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:25:01 -0700, MeMe
wrote:

Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to have a vlookup or something that works across rows.

For example, I have column A representing time, with A1 through to Axxxx
with each cell showing a time for a specific date. So for June 1 we would
see
the times 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc. Then for June 2 we would see the times
08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc.. For the entire month these same times are
noted.
Column C is the column that has the data that I want, but I only want a
specific time.

How do I set this up so that my formula gives me the column C data for
12:30
for every day in June.

Thanks,
Marie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I posted it, but have never used the site.

Am welcoming ideas. I guess I just wait and see.

Thanks,

Marie

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You didn't post the link!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample
file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://cjoint.com/?gsw2aaJlJh

I hope that was it

"T. Valko" wrote:

You didn't post the link!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample
file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Send the file directly to my address below along with exactly what you want.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"MeMe" wrote in message
http://cjoint.com/?gsw2aaJlJh

I hope that was it

"T. Valko" wrote:

You didn't post the link!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample
file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"MeMe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Don-

I seem to have a similar problem. I am having problems with MATCH setup. I
have a file with 5 fields in which data in each field is different if
concatenated together which will produce a unique identifier. However, I am
not interested in combining them together, but in using the MATCH function 5
times to obtain the successfully identify these unique fields and the
quantity value will be assigned or imported onto another spreadsheet in the
corresponding field. I understand from reading a previous blog that MATCH
function can be used up to 7 times. I need someone to give me an example.
Here is what I have for my example so far:
=INDEX($A$43:$K$53,MATCH(P47,$F$43:$F$53,0),7).
This works ok when conducting only 1 match, however, I need 4 more. Please
let me know how to include additional MATCH functions in this script. Also,
this script is testing on the same worksheet. Please let me know the script
to include to reference another workbook and worksheet.

Thanks-
Neecy

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Send the file directly to my address below along with exactly what you want.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"MeMe" wrote in message
http://cjoint.com/?gsw2aaJlJh

I hope that was it

"T. Valko" wrote:

You didn't post the link!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample
file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message