Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Looking up values in multiple rows

You didn't post the link!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
I posted it, but have never used the site.

Am welcoming ideas. I guess I just wait and see.

Thanks,

Marie

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload your file (with size restrictions) or a smaller sample
file
to a free file host then post a link to the file. Then anyone that's
interested can look at the file.

I use this free file host often:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

It's a French site that's been translated to English.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Can I send it to you?

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way...

Assuming your dates/times are true Excel dates/times...

Enter the first day of the month for the date/time you want to lookup
in
cell:

E1 = 6/1/2009 12:30 PM

Enter this formula in F1 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(E$1+ROWS(F$1:F1)-1,A:A,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MeMe" wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to have a vlookup or something that works across rows.

For example, I have column A representing time, with A1 through to
Axxxx
with each cell showing a time for a specific date. So for June 1 we
would
see
the times 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc. Then for June 2 we would see the
times
08:00, 08:30, 09:00, etc.. For the entire month these same times are
noted.
Column C is the column that has the data that I want, but I only
want a
specific time.

How do I set this up so that my formula gives me the column C data
for
12:30
for every day in June.

Thanks,