Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carla

Default Count on multiple values with duplicate rows

I hope I can explain this well. My client has Excel 2003. At the top of his
spreadsheet the columns are 50 55 60 65 and so on in increments of 5 to 115.
The columns are what's making this difficult. The values are A3-9.6 A3-9.7
A3-9.8 A3-10.4 A3-10.5 A3-10.6 but the problem is that some repeat and some
don't. For example I only have 1 A3-9.7, but I have 18 A3-10.6 rows. The
cells under and to the right of these either have a W, S, X, C or they are
blank. I need to count how many times W appears under the 50 column for
A3-9.6, then A3-9.7 and so on, and repeat for S, X and C. The multiple rows
are throwing me and I'm not sure how to do this. If anyone could start me in
the right direction I'd appreciate it. This spreadsheet will grow as well.
The columns show remain the same, but rows will be added with new and
duplicate data. UGH! THANKS!!!!