Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sizing in Drop Down lists

I have attached drop down lists to a cell on my worksheet. The items in the
list are wider than the cell that it will be viewed in. I know I can format
the actual cell to wrap the text if it needs to for viewing after selected
but how can I VIEW the entire width needed in the drop down list when I click
on the arrow to choose the item I wish to show?? Basically I can only read
about half of each of the items in the list. I hope this makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to widen the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Banker" wrote in message
I have attached drop down lists to a cell on my worksheet. The items in
the
list are wider than the cell that it will be viewed in. I know I can
format
the actual cell to wrap the text if it needs to for viewing after selected
but how can I VIEW the entire width needed in the drop down list when I
click
on the arrow to choose the item I wish to show?? Basically I can only
read
about half of each of the items in the list. I hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to widen the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Banker" wrote:

I have attached drop down lists to a cell on my worksheet. The items in
the
list are wider than the cell that it will be viewed in. I know I can
format
the actual cell to wrap the text if it needs to for viewing after
selected
but how can I VIEW the entire width needed in the drop down list when I
click
on the arrow to choose the item I wish to show?? Basically I can only
read
about half of each of the items in the list. I hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was hoping there was another way. Thanks for your response.

"T. Valko" wrote:

You have to widen the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Banker" wrote:

I have attached drop down lists to a cell on my worksheet. The items in
the
list are wider than the cell that it will be viewed in. I know I can
format
the actual cell to wrap the text if it needs to for viewing after
selected
but how can I VIEW the entire width needed in the drop down list when I
click
on the arrow to choose the item I wish to show?? Basically I can only
read
about half of each of the items in the list. I hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish has written event code to temporarily widen the column when
the DV dropdown is selected.

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 4 Then
Target.Columns.ColumnWidth = 20
Else
Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 8.43

Assumes DV dropdowns are in column D. If you want a specific or reduced
range post back.

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the above into that module. Alt + q to return to the Excel
window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:21:02 -0700, Banker
wrote:

I was hoping there was another way. Thanks for your response.

"T. Valko" wrote:

You have to widen the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Banker" wrote:

I have attached drop down lists to a cell on my worksheet. The items in
the
list are wider than the cell that it will be viewed in. I know I can
format
the actual cell to wrap the text if it needs to for viewing after
selected
but how can I VIEW the entire width needed in the drop down list when I
click
on the arrow to choose the item I wish to show?? Basically I can only
read
about half of each of the items in the list. I hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes I found that same code on that website. Thanks for responding.

wrote:

I was hoping there was another way. Thanks for your response.

"T. Valko" wrote:

You have to widen the column.

--
Biff