Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get a cell to highlight when a deadline date approaching

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that is at this present moment in time
getting the better of me. I know what I want it to do, but cant seem to get
it to do it.

What I want it to do is to highlight the cell red, amber or green to
indicate how close we are to our deadline date.

For example: I have three columns: Date In, Deadline Date and Todays Date.
What I want to happen is for the Deadline Date column to highlight
automatically each day as we count down to the Deadline Date. I dont really
want to have to be going in to the spreadsheet every day to manually change
the dates but I have no idea how to get it to update automatically. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

in Excel 2003 select a cell in yr Deadline Date (say B1) column, go to
Format-Conditional formatting-change 'Cell Value Is' to 'Formula Is'
and insert the formula

=B1<=TODAY()

copy down

On 14 Maj, 09:15, Frustratedfemale26
wrote:
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that is at this present moment in time
getting the better of me. *I know what I want it to do, but cant seem to get
it to do it.

What I want it to do is to highlight the cell red, amber or green to
indicate how close we are to our deadline date.

For example: *I have three columns: *Date In, Deadline Date and Todays Date.
*What I want to happen is for the Deadline Date column to highlight
automatically each day as we count down to the Deadline Date. *I dont really
want to have to be going in to the spreadsheet every day to manually change
the dates but I have no idea how to get it to update automatically. *Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For XL2003....

You dont need to enter todays date . Assuming your target date in B1 select
C1 and from menu Format--Conditional formatting

Condition1 Formula =B1-TODAY()=4 Select Green
Condition2 Formula =B1-TODAY()=2 Select Amber
Condition3 Formula =B1-TODAY()=0 Select Red

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria