hagan

Default Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing my
other selections and starting over?

Paul B

Hagan, have a look here for some code to do it,

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...GP10.p hx.gbl
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"hagan" wrote in message
When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing my
other selections and starting over?

hagan

Paul,

Thanks for the link. However, I'm at the point that BillB got to, where
he said he couldn't find the personal.xls file and then how do you edit the
Workbook_Open procedure?

Hagan

"hagan" wrote in message
When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing my
other selections and starting over?

Paul B

hagan, have a look here on getting started with Macros on David McRithchie's
site
If you need anymore help post back
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"hagan" wrote in message
When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing
my
other selections and starting over?

hagan

Paul,

Whew! That was pretty deep considering that I've never written a macro or
used VBA. Finally got it working, and it's great. Thanks a lot for your
help. Sorry I had to keep asking for instructions.

Hagan

"hagan" wrote in message
When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing
my
other selections and starting over?

Paul B

hagan, no problem, glad you got it working
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Paul B" wrote:

Hagan, have a look here for some code to do it,

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...GP10.p hx.gbl
--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from
it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003