Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default how to highlight more related cells if cell highlight

Hi,
Is there any way to highlight the related cells for selected cell in list?
For example if I select cell has 1 , all cells have the value 1 will be
highlight automatically?

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

A possible, and possibly better alternative to suit your underlying motives.
Try Autofilter? Apply it via DataFilterAutofilter.
Then choose the value, eg: 1
from the particular col's autofilter droplist
to easily filter out all lines with that value
--
Max
Singapore
"Jon" wrote:
Is there any way to highlight the related cells for selected cell in list?
For example if I select cell has 1 , all cells have the value 1 will be
highlight automatically?

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xlm xlm is offline

you may sue conditional format under Format on the Tool bar
Let me know if you need further help on this.

HTH
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button

Thank You

cheers,

"Jon" wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way to highlight the related cells for selected cell in list?
For example if I select cell has 1 , all cells have the value 1 will be
highlight automatically?

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xlm xlm is offline

You may use Conditional Format under Format on the Tool bar
Let me know if you need further help on this this

HTH

--

"Jon" wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way to highlight the related cells for selected cell in list?
For example if I select cell has 1 , all cells have the value 1 will be
highlight automatically?

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Hi,
Yes please, I need your help on this issue. How to do that?

"Jon" wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way to highlight the related cells for selected cell in list?
For example if I select cell has 1 , all cells have the value 1 will be
highlight automatically?

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xlm xlm is offline

Select or highlight your range
Go to Format on your Tool bar
select Conditional Formatting, a dialog box will open up
if you want to all value 1 to be highlighted in your worksheet,
In Condition 1, choose "Cell Value Is" then press Tab button
then on the next dropdown next to it, select "equal to", press Tab button
type in "=1", press the Tab button again
click on the Format button which will bring you to Format Cells dialog box
Select the Patterns tab, choose the color you want
Ok all the way out

You can have up to 3 conditions using this feature.

Does this do what you want? If not, pls elaborate more how your data layout
is like
and how do you currently do and what you want to achieve.

HTH