Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default highlight cell with colour if date overdue

can anyone tell me please how do i highlight a cell in a spreadsheet with
colour if date overdue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And how exactly should XL determine that the date was overdue?

Take a look at Conditional Formatting in XL Help.

If, for instance, the due date is in A1 and the date is overdue if it's
in the past, select A1, choose Format/Conditional Formatting... and use
something like:

CF1: =A1<TODAY()
Format1: <patterns/<color

In article ,
Harvey wrote:

can anyone tell me please how do i highlight a cell in a spreadsheet with
colour if date overdue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Look at conditional formula with a condition of Formula Is and a formula of
=A2<TODAY() and set the colour.

--
HTH

Bob

"Harvey" wrote in message
can anyone tell me please how do i highlight a cell in a spreadsheet with
colour if date overdue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use formatconditional formatting, then formula is and

=A2<=DAY()

click format button and select red pattern or fonts and click OK twice

where A2 is the cell with the date you want to check if it is overdue
if it is 30 days from the date in A2 you can use

=A2+30<=TODAY()

Peo Sjoblom