Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple data entry with multiple results

How do I do a multiple data entry with different results

Cell A1 is the Data Entry cell.
Cell J1 is the result cell.

If I enter the word K in A1, J1 shows as 7:00
If I enter 9:00; J1 shows the same that is 9:00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You've only described two entry possibilities..."K" and everything else. An
IF will take care of that:

=IF(A1="K","7:00",A1)

....but if you want to keep adding "varying" responses, you'll run out of IF
levels...or it will just get too cumbersome to read.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Jafferi" wrote:

How do I do a multiple data entry with different results

Cell A1 is the Data Entry cell.
Cell J1 is the result cell.

If I enter the word K in A1, J1 shows as 7:00
If I enter 9:00; J1 shows the same that is 9:00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You question is not completely clear. In J1 enter

=IF(A1="K",7,9)/24

Format J1 to the time formula you want.

Or you may want

=IF(A1="K",7/24,A1)