Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP-common look up entry with multiple results

Hello...

I need to have the following in a file:
Order Serial #
123 ABC
123 DEF
234 GJH
234 JKI

When I vlook the order number to get the serial #'s into another file I only
get the first instance... eg if I vlook the serial #'s for order 123 I only
get ABC returned.....Is ther a way to get multiple results for common lookup
value...

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the sample you posted what your lookup_table looks like or, does that
show your lookup_values in the first column and the second column is the
result of the formula? Need more *specific* details.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CrimsonPlague29" wrote in
message ...
Hello...

I need to have the following in a file:
Order Serial #
123 ABC
123 DEF
234 GJH
234 JKI

When I vlook the order number to get the serial #'s into another file I
only
get the first instance... eg if I vlook the serial #'s for order 123 I
only
get ABC returned.....Is ther a way to get multiple results for common
lookup
value...

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is the result I need to see the order column is my lookup values and the
serial # is the results.....I'm looking to pull only the info I need from the
master file, there is alot of info that i don't require

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See if this helps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ex...260381033.aspx