Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jetta1515

Default Calculate multiple results from multiple input values?

I've created a complex calculator that returns the value of X based on
the input of a, b, c, and d. I would like to create a table with
multiple values for a, b, c, & d. and have excel return the value of X
for each set of input variables. How can this be acomplished? TIA.

--
Jetta1515
Jetta1515's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34982

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

I set up my table with the headers, Combination, A, B, C, D in C1:G4.
In C2:C4 I numbered my combinations 1,2,3. In D2:G4 I entered the
values for each combination. In A1 I then entered the combination
number I wanted to use. In B1 i used the formula,

=SUM(CHOOSE(A2,D2:G2,D3:G3,C4:C4))

I used a simple sum formula for the example but you could adapt it to
fit our needs. A2 acts as the index number which tells the CHOOSE
function which range to apply the formula to. The ranges are assigned
an index starting with 1 for the first all the way up to 29 with each
separated by a comma.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Put your values for a, b, c, d in column A1, B2, C2, and D2. (Put headers in
row 1).

Put a formula that does that complex calculation in E1. Then drag the formula
down column E as far as you need.

Jetta1515 wrote:

I've created a complex calculator that returns the value of X based on
the input of a, b, c, and d. I would like to create a table with
multiple values for a, b, c, & d. and have excel return the value of X
for each set of input variables. How can this be acomplished? TIA.

--
Jetta1515
Jetta1515's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34982
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547207

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Actually the headers are in C1:G1, and the formula was:

=SUM(CHOOSE(A2,D2:G2,D3:G3,C4:G4))

Sorry for the typos.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547207

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jetta1515

Thanks, both good ideas but unfortunately they won't work in this case.
The 'calculation' happens on a separate worksheet and contains many
steps (too many to occur in a single cell). It's esentially a
calculator to determine X based on A, B, C, D, E. Ideally it would be
an iterative process whereby the calculator in sheet1 one would look
at the values in sheet2 A1:E1 and put the result in F1, and then repeat
for A2:E2, etc. several hundreds or thousands of times.