Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wildswing

Default Can Excel calculate populate table using row/column values & calc's on other sheet?

Hi folks, my first post here. Hope you can help.

I've created a sheet that contains 2 user input variables, call them
NUM1 and NUM2, followed by a bunch of calculations based on those 2 as
well as other "static" values. Each calculation is done separately to
keep it easy to follow. All that crunches out a number, call it RESULT
The purpose of the entire sheet is to see what combinations of NUM1 and
NUM2 make RESULT either negative or positive.

NUM1 has about a dozen possibilites and NUM3 about 3 dozen which
results in over 430 possible values for RESULT.

Ultimately I want to display those results in a table with all possible
values of NUM1 as column headers and NUM2 as row headers.

Is there any way I can get Excel to populate each cell in the table
with RESULT using the NUM1 column and NUM2 row headings?

I know I could do this if the formula was simple but as I mentioned
before, the steps to get from NUM1 and NUM2 to RESULT take up 40 rows.
Most are simple single operator math but some are more complex. I'd
never be able to get all those steps into one formula.

Can it be done or am I stuck with going back and compressing all those
40 steps into one long fomula?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
wildswing
wildswing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30853

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wildswing

I've attached a trimmed down version of the file...

NUM1 and NUM2 are in cells C8 (press speed) and C9 (panel length) of
MAIN sheet while RESULT is in F39 (Total wait time before...). The
table I want to build is on the TABLE sheet.

After tracing the precedents back from F39 I suppose I could cram all
that into one formaula that I could replicate in the table but I know
it would take me forever to get it right or I could manually do each
combination and key in the values. Just wondering if there's an easier
way.

|Filename: Table help for ExcelTip.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4269 |